US couple charged with child neglect after toddler allegedly overdosed on cocaine
A couple has been charged with child neglect after the 21 month old was found unconscious and not breathing after allegedly eating the drug.
Julia Musto, Fox News
Respect is something by the parents in the home to their sons and daughters, according to social commentator Prue MacSween. Her comments come amid news boys.
Respect is something by the parents hermes jige clutch replica purple
in the home to their sons and daughters, according to social commentator Prue MacSween. Her comments come amid news boys at a Victorian school were asked to stand up during assembly and apologise to female classmates for offensive behaviour on behalf of the male gender. ‘Not every man is like the vile blokes that we’ve been seeing over the last period of time,’ Ms MacSween told Sky News host Peta Credlin. ‘I would say that really most Australian men respect women. ‘Generally it’s up to the women and the home to make sure you instill that respect in both their daughters and the sons.’ ‘Respect is shown by how the parents interact and how you treat your children I think it is really appalling that these boys were singled out and made to feel so bad.’
A Florida couple have been charged with child neglect after police found a 21 month old boy in their care had consumed cocaine and overdosed.
The Sarasota County Sheriff Office said that police responded to a 911 call from a home on January 8 shortly before 5pm and found the boy unconscious and not breathing.
The officers assisted the Sarasota County Fire Department at the scene.
According to the sheriff office, 33 year old Kaitlyn Van Dorn said that the boy had picked up an unknown object from the ground and put it in his mouth before stumbling, becoming limp and losing consciousness.
we get there, the female defendant who in the home says, put something in his mouth while we were on a walk, I don know what it was, Sarasota County Sheriff Office community affairs director Kaitlyn Perez told Fox News.
area is kind of known for narcotics use, so EMF decided to deploy Naloxone three times on the little boy. And, thank God that they did because he regained full consciousness, was awake and really, really alert. Fury as football coach forces child to eat
The boy had picked up an unknown object from the ground and put it in his mouth before stumbling, becoming limp and losing consciousness, claimed the woman. Picture: iStockSource:istock
Naloxone is designed to reverse the effects of an opioid overdose.
The child was then taken to the hospital for further tests.
Ms Van Dorn also said that the boy was picking up rocks using a teal bucket and may have picked up a needle cap that she had out of his mouth, although deputies were unable to find the drug paraphernalia.
Upon returning to the home, Ms Van Dorn located the bucket behind a closed door and deputies found a silver spoon and tissue inside. The spoon later tested positive for both cocaine and fentanyl.
Ms Van Dorn partner, 34 year old Blake Pavey, said that he had been sleeping and did not go on a walk with Ms Van Dorn and the boy, but supported his partner story.
corroborates her story and says, I saw her run through into the house, the baby unconscious, she threw the bucket down by the door and called 911. So, he kind of corroborates the story, Perez said.
we looked through video at different houses and businesses nearby to see what time she went on the walk. Did we see where the child picked something up? None of it ever happened. She never went on a walk. We 100 per cent certain on that, she said.
we confident that he ingested the cocaine inside the house at some point. Dad second decision that saved life
The toddler is no longer in the care of the couple. Picture: iStockSource:istock
Perez said that she does not know if the incident was intentional.
Fox News could not immediately reach Mr Pavey for comment.
Speaking with FOX13 on Thursday, he reportedly denied the charges against him and called the incident a horrible accident and the scariest moment of his life.
Partnering with Florida Department of Children and Families, detectives from the sheriff office launched an investigation into the incident and after subpoenaing medical records from the hospital confirmed that the child had overdosed on cocaine.