Hermes driver accidentally sets fire to young child’s Christmas presents
Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.
Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
A Hermes delivery driver accidentally set a three year old boy Christmas presents on fire by placing them in a bin filled with hot ash.
Courtney Ball was going to give these gifts to her son, Logan, but now she is worried that that he will be left without any gifts under the tree.
According to Lincolnshire Live, the parcel contained more than 75 worth of goods, including a Lacoste tracksuit and pair of shoes.
(Image: Courtney Ball)
She said: “I am a single parent. I have saved money that I could have used to get us by to give my child a good Christmas and now I am no longer able to give that to my child.
“I am now 75 out of pocket. hermes paris bag replica
And my child is no longer able to have his Christmas presents.
“The ash bin is round the side of the house and we saw it smoking when we came back to the house.
“We checked the grey bin first and then I realised they obviously put it in the ash bin. I looked in and there were flames coming off the package.
A Hermes spokesperson said: “We would like to apologise to Ms Ball for the inconvenience caused and are in contact with her to discuss her redelivery options and to provide a 50 gesture of goodwill.
“We have around 20,000 couriers delivering for us during the busy seasonal period and these kind of incidents are extremely rare.
“When we are made aware we always take immediate action including retraining.
“Wewould also urge people to make sure they areavailable toreceive deliveriesthey have ordered or makealternative arrangements either throughour app or via the retailer.”
Hermes said Ms Ball will be fully refunded for the gift and given an extra 50 for the inconvenience.
NewsallMost ReadMost RecentAddenbrookes HospitalMan airlifted to Addenbrooke’s with life threatening injuries after crash in Leighton BuzzardOne person was trapped inside a car and had to be cut out through the roof.